Tuesday, December 6
The 2017 Canon Media Awards are now open for entry on https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com/.
Details of the 70 categories and entry criteria can be found on the website. The judging criteria for each category have also been included so that journalists, photographers, videographers and editors know what the judges will be looking for.
New categories include Sports Journalist of the Year, Business Journalist of the Year, Reporter – Maori and Ethnic Affairs, and two feature-writing groups – long-form and short-form.
Entries will close at midnight Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Winners will be announced at an awards dinner on Friday, May 19, 2017, at The Langham in Auckland. Tickets will go on sale in March.
Now in their 43rd year, the awards are run by the Newspaper Publishers’ Association, with Canon as the premier sponsor. Supporting sponsors include Bauer, Norkse Skog, nib, AAP, Google, RNZ, ASB, EY, The Langham and Science Media Centre.
The prestigious Wolfson Fellowship will once again be granted to an outstanding Canon Media Awards winner. The successful fellow is granted a term’s study at Wolfson College, Cambridge, UK.
This year the NPA has introduced an online awards management system used by other major awards including Panpa Newspaper of the Year and the Australian Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism.
1. Go to https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com/.
2. If you already have an Award Force account as a result of entering another Award Force award (for example Panpa), please log in. If you have forgotten your password, click on the link that reads "Have you forgotten your password?". This is on the log-in form, just above the 'Log in' button.
3. If you don’t already have an Award Force account, please register (your password must be at least 8 characters) and follow the steps to complete your profile.
4. Before you click on “Start new entry” you will need to go to your email and click on the verification link (in an email from the Newspaper Publishers’ Association). You may need to refresh the web page.
5. Once you begin the entry process you can "save + close" your entry/entries and go back to edit them later.
6. Once you submit an entry, you can go back into the system at any time to make changes – up until the entry deadline of midnight, February 15, 2017.
For further information:
Or contact: Jane Phare, NPA Awards Director, phone 021 500 995 or Rick Neville, NPA Editorial Director 021 279 6447
#cmanz2017 @CanonNZ #LanghamAuckland