Wednesday, January 25
This year publishers and editors will need to provide three identical sets of three hard-copy editions for the Newspaper of the Year categories in the Canon Media Awards. In previous years only two sets were required. The change is because a third judge has been added to the mix, and each judge will need their own set of copies.
The change applies to Newspaper of the Year (more than 30,000 circulation), Newspaper of the Year (up to 30,000 circulation) and Weekly Newspaper of the Year. It does not affect Community Newspaper of the Year. Two copies are required for that category.
Criteria details can be found on https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com.
Winners will be announced at an awards dinner on Friday, May 19, 2017, at The Langham in Auckland.
1. Go to https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com/.
2. If you already have an Award Force account as a result of entering another Award Force award (for example Panpa), please log in. If you have forgotten your password, click on the link that reads "Have you forgotten your password?". This is on the log-in form, just above the 'Log in' button.
3. If you don’t already have an Award Force account, please register (your password must be at least 8 characters) and follow the steps to complete your profile.
4. Before you click on “Start new entry” you will need to go to your email and click on the verification link (in an email from the Newspaper Publishers’ Association). You may need to refresh the web page.
5. Once you begin the entry process you can "save + close" your entry/entries and go back to edit them later.
6. Once you submit an entry, you can go back into the system at any time to make changes – up until the entry deadline of midnight, February 15, 2017.
For further information:
Or contact: Jane Phare, NPA Awards Director, phone 021 500 995 or Rick Neville, NPA Editorial Director 021 279 6447
#cmanz2017 @CanonNZ #LanghamAuckland