Wednesday, February 1
Journalists are encouraged to apply for two journalism scholarships, totalling $10,000, as part of the Canon Media Awards.
Entrants have two weeks left to submit their applications for the nib health funds ltd scholarships. The senior scholarship is to a maximum value of $6000; the junior scholarship is to a maximum value of $4000. The funds can be applied to travel, accommodation and/or other legitimate costs associated with the research and/or writing of the resulting article(s).
View the entry criteria and apply for the scholarships on https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com.
Entries to the Canon awards close on February 15 and already more than 500 entries have been received. Details of the 70 categories, and entry and judging criteria can be found on the website. The Newspaper Publishers’ Association, which runs the awards, is using an Award Force online entry system which makes entering considerably easier than previous years. Entrants who are unsure of how to use the entry website are welcome to contact the NPA.
Winners will be announced at an awards gala dinner on Friday, May 19, 2017, at The Langham in Auckland. Tickets will go on sale in March.
1. Go to https://canonmedia.awardsplatform.com/.
2. If you already have an Award Force account as a result of entering another Award Force award (for example Panpa), please log in. If you have forgotten your password, click on the link that reads "Have you forgotten your password?". This is on the log-in form, just above the 'Log in' button.
3. If you don’t already have an Award Force account, please register (your password must be at least 8 characters) and follow the steps to complete your profile.
4. Before you click on “Start new entry” you will need to go to your email and click on the verification link (in an email from the Newspaper Publishers’ Association). You may need to refresh the web page.
5. Once you begin the entry process you can "save + close" your entry/entries and go back to edit them later.
6. Once you submit an entry, you can go back into the system at any time to make changes – up until the entry deadline of midnight, February 15, 2017.
For further information:
Or contact: Jane Phare, NPA Awards Director, phone 021 500 995 or Rick Neville, NPA Editorial Director 021 279 6447
#cmanz2017 @CanonNZ #LanghamAuckland